1. You have nothing better to do and what the hell, it’s 2012!
2. You want to explore the world and love cheap journeys.
3. You can’t get a job with your degree, and you like camping in summer so why not?
4. You don’t want to directly fund (through paying income tax) operations that you believe are criminal.
5. You don’t want to be part of a system that is destroying itself.
6. It will take approximately a summer to get there.
The distance between Chapel Hill, NC and Long Beach, CA is 2,529 miles. Walking at the conservative rate of 1 mile every 30 minutes and walking for 12 hours a day, it is possible to arrive in Long Beach, CA in 106 days. This isn’t that crazy of an idea. It should take a little over 3 months to get there. Why not go on a journey like this? My only reason was because I don’t want to be alone, but if others come with me than that’s not a problem. California (and in fact Colorado as well) is known for treating it’s homeless well. You can even make plans to fly back if that’s your plan.
7. The Pacific Ocean!
Of course the final destination will be up for discussion. Make your voice heard by posting something right here right now!